Star Bright - Reverse Stamped Glow in the Dark Stars

Glow in the Dark Reverse Stamping by @chalkboardnails

We're almost at the end of the 31 Day Challenge! Today's prompt is "inspired by a tutorial" and I took the opportunity to try reverse stamping, a technique I've never tried before. I always like the results other people get from it, and the Challenge is all about pushing yourself, so advanced stamping seemed like the way to go. I did struggle, but the finished product doesn't look too shabby! I used this tutorial from Drama Queen Nails for my guidance.

Glow in the Dark Reverse Stamping by @chalkboardnails

Nail polishes used:
Formula X Dark Matter
OPI Angel With a Leadfoot
Serum No. 5 I Gleam In Pink
Serum No. 5 Solar Power
Serum No. 5 Orange You Sunny
Serum No. 5 Ultra Violet
Serum No. 5 Indi-glo
Vivid Lacquer plate VL002

If you wanna try out this technique, be sure to visit Drama Queen Nails for her tutorial. The basic gist of it is that you create your own decals by stamping and painting on a plastic bag or a piece of wax paper. You peel the "decals" off, flip them over, and stick them on your nails.

I used five of the Serum No. 5 neon glows for this look, and it was AWESOME in the dark. Tiny little glowing stars, floating around. I love that they glow different colors, too.

Glow in the Dark Reverse Stamping by @chalkboardnails

Glow in the Dark Reverse Stamping by @chalkboardnailsGlow in the Dark Reverse Stamping by @chalkboardnails

Glow in the Dark Reverse Stamping by @chalkboardnails

Check out the other tutorials I've tried in the past:
  • Cutie owl half moons
  • Candy mermaid scales
  • Floral pond manicure